Christopher Tolkien, the writer’s son, has now died.

Christopher Tolkien, the writer’s son, has now died.

Some of the company’s soldiers remain in the KSK, others are transferred to other locations.

The 2nd Company is one of a total of four companies with commandos at the KSK who are trained for special operations such as hostage rescue. The ministry does not disclose how many soldiers belong to the company. It is estimated that there are around 300 commandos at the KSK. In addition, there are several hundred workers, including for logistical support.

Weapons stash found among KSK soldiers

The 2nd Company had organized the infamous “Pig’s Head Party”, with which the right-wing extremism affair at KSK began in April 2017. At the farewell party for a KSK commander, soldiers had thrown pigs’ heads, heard right-wing skirts and showed the Hitler salute. In May 2020, a weapons hiding place with ammunition and explosives was excavated by the police on the property of a soldier from the company in Saxony.

Explosives also disappeared: Bundeswehr misses ammunition Elite unit of the Bundeswehr: Missing explosives at KSK identical to finding in Saxony Right-wing extremists in the Bundeswehr: SPD leader Esken calls for the KSK to be rebuilt

Kramp-Karrenbauer then had a concept drawn up to prevent right-wing extremist tendencies in the KSK, which includes 60 individual measures. The most spectacular is the dissolution of the company. The elite troops should now have time until October 31 to prove themselves. If this does not succeed, there is a risk of complete dissolution.

Sources used: dpa news agency

An elite soldier writes a letter to the Minister of Defense. He asks for your help in the fight against right-wing extremist tendencies at KSK. Annegret Kramp-Karrenbauer reacted immediately.

In the affair of right-wing extremist tendencies in the Special Forces Command (KSK), according to a report by “Spiegel”, the letter from a captain of the Bundeswehr elite unit intensified existing concerns. According to the magazine, the officer turned to Defense Minister Annegret Kramp-Karrenbauer (CDU) directly at the beginning of June with a sometimes dramatic cry for help.

In the twelve-page letter that “Spiegel” had before him, the captain complained that right-wing extremist tendencies were tolerated and covered up within the unit. References to right-wing extremist comrades within the approximately thousand-strong elite association were “recognized internally, but collectively ignored or even tolerated for different reasons.”

Kramp-Karrenbauer: The wall of silence could be broken

Kramp-Karrenbauer said on Friday evening: “Finally the wall of silence could be broken. We have worked hard for this for a long time.” The letter in question had already been discussed at the first meeting of the AG KSK that it had convened. “Now it’s a matter of working out the necessary consequences.” The Ministry of Defense said that the AG KSK had already received an order from the minister to examine, in particular, the careers and selection of trainers in the KSK.essay to kill a mockingbird

In the letter, the captain wrote that the only way to deal with the grievances was “through a full external investigation and subsequent reform”. A swamp that cannot be dried out has developed within the KSK, which is “more profound and more structural than what the ministry is currently aware of”. The leadership of the KSK was “apparently overwhelmed” with the clarification.

Officer gives concrete examples in the letter

The officer has been a member of the KSK since 2018. As an example, he cites a trainer who makes no secret of an “aggressive national-conservative attitude” and uses “Y-88″ as the identification code. The number is used as a cipher for the Hitler salute. The recruits had noticed this allusion to the Hitler salute, but for fear of reprisals nobody said anything.

Members of the Special Forces Command (KSK): A captain of the elite unit of the Bundeswehr has sent an alarming letter to Defense Minister Kramp-Karrenbauer. (Source: Björn Trotsky / imago images)

An instructor who was released from the command at the end of 2019 was tolerated in the unit for years and even rose, although his right-wing convictions were known. For example, the instructor described a comrade from the critical soldiers’ group “Darmstädter Signal” in a letter as an “enemy within” and threatened that they would not just watch him. He ended the letter with the words: “Long live holy Germany.” The officer, who was later promoted to lieutenant colonel, was only dismissed after links to the “Identitarian Movement” could be proven.

Critical soldiers are made compliant

According to “Spiegel”, the captain further describes that reports about right-wing extremist soldiers in the KSK are consistently prevented during training. In addition, disciplinary punishments are used “to make soldiers and especially critical officers compliant”. The consequences are “a kind of cadaver obedience” and a “culture of accepting illegal behavior”.

At the request of the dpa news agency, the Ministry of Defense initially confirmed receipt of the letter without giving any details. According to “Spiegel”, however, the letter hit the house like a bomb. Kramp-Karrenbauer hired several departments to investigate the allegations. In addition, the soldier’s allegations should flow into the work of a task force, which is to present a concept for modernizing the KSK by the end of June.

Weapons store discovered at KSK man

Right-wing extremist incidents had repeatedly led to allegations against the KSK or soldiers deployed there. A few weeks ago, a KSK soldier was arrested who is said to have set up a weapons store and displayed right-wing extremist symbols. There were also reports of a possible right-wing extremist network in the elite group.

Raid in Saxony: Police find weapons and explosives at KSK man 360 new in one year: Right-wing extremists in uniform: Over 500 suspected cases in the Bundeswehr “affront to soldiers”: Trouble about the replacement of Armed Forces Commissioner Bartels

In response to these cases, KSK commander and brigadier general Markus Kreitmayr spoke of the most difficult phase for the association since it was founded. At the same time he announced the consequences. Extremists would be removed, but should also leave of their own accord.

Sources used: news agencies AFP and dpa report of “Spiegel”

The EU has drawn up eight clear directives for arms exports. A study commissioned by Greenpeace now shows: Germany does not adhere to these rules. 

According to a study, Germany has systematically violated European principles on arms exports over the past 30 years. This was the result of a study by the Leibniz Institute Hessian Foundation for Peace and Conflict Research (PRIF) for Greenpeace, as the organization announced on Sunday. Accordingly, regular deliveries of war weapons and other armaments to crisis and war zones were approved.

The study deals, among other things, with the consistency of German arms export policy with the common position of the European Union on this topic. This lists eight criteria that must be taken into account when approving arms exports.

Policy violation “on a grand scale”

Among other things, “Respect for human rights and international humanitarian law by the country of final destination” and “Maintaining peace, security and stability in a region” are mentioned. According to the investigation, Germany violated all eight criteria “on a large scale”.

Franco-Prussian War 1870/71: ” The Prussian soldiers were sometimes terribly burned up ” Protests in the USA: Portland: Massive criticism of the use of federal police officers Dispute over Hagia Sophia: Käßmann: ” Erdogan’s political games are pathetic ”

“German weapons are systematically appearing in war zones and in the hands of dictators,” said Greenpeace disarmament expert Alexander Lurz. “We urgently need a strict arms export law that forbids exports to third countries and ends this deliberate, systematic undermining of export guidelines.”

Sources used: AFP news agency Study: German arms exports around the world

The violinist Stephen Morris is devastated. While driving through London, he left his violin lying on a train. The instrument from 1709 is worth almost 300,000 euros.

A well-known British musician forgot his more than 300 year old violin with a value of several hundred thousand euros in one go. As the broadcaster BBC reported, the violinist Stephen Morris accidentally left the instrument in a train in south London last Tuesday. Now the train operator and the police have launched a large-scale search.

Morris told the BBC he was devastated by the loss of the instrument, which was built in 1709 by violin maker David Tecchler. “It’s like my arm was cut off,” said Morris. Apart from its material value, the violin is his livelihood. The instrument is said to have a value of £ 250,000 (around 289,000 euros) and was recently restored.

Weekend concert: Morris borrows his wife’s violin

Morris called the violin a piece of history. He has owned it since 2003 and, according to his own statements, had planned to pass it on to an aspiring violin virtuoso in the future.

At the weekend, Morris and his violin were supposed to be on stage with the Italian tenor Andrea Bocelli and the Royal Orchestra. According to the BBC, he was able to borrow a violin from his wife, who is also a professional musician.

Search action: surveillance cameras are being evaluated

The admitted driver is now helping Morris find it together with the police. “We’re doing everything we can to find Stephen’s precious violin,” said Southeastern, a company that operates commuter trains in the London area. Company employees and police officers are on duty to view the recordings from surveillance cameras. 

England: Man hangs upside down from a huge chimney Munich Central Station: Deutsche Bahn forgets time change Masked: Video shoot in front of the amusement arcade triggers police operation

 Morris, who has worked with David Bowie and Stevie Wonder and has appeared on the soundtracks of films such as “The Lord of the Rings” and “James Bond”, called on potential finders to bring his instrument back to him.

Sources used: AFP news agency

Christopher Tolkien, the youngest son of the “Lord of the Rings” author, has died at the age of 95. As the Klett-Cotta publisher announced, he died in the night from Wednesday to Thursday.

These personalities passed away in 2019

Photo series with 41 pictures

He nurtured the literary legacy of J.R.R. Tolkien, dedicated himself to the publication of his works, which were unpublished until his death in 1973. Christopher Tolkien, the writer’s son, has now died. He had lived in France since the 1970s, where he passed away this week at the age of 95.

“With the edition of the ‘Silmarillion’ (1977), Christopher Tolkien also gave millions of readers access to the First Age of Middle-earth,” the publisher’s statement said. According to the information, the last books published by Klett-Cotta were “The Fall of Gondolin” (2018), “Beren and Lúthien” (2017) and “Die Kinder Húrins” (2007).

The British writer and linguist John Ronald Reuel Tolkien created the fantasy world hits “The Hobbit” and “The Lord of the Rings”. The stories from the fictional Middle-earth were filmed by the New Zealand director Peter Jackson and grossed nearly six billion US dollars.

“Commercialization has reduced aesthetic and philosophical effects to nothing”

Tolkien’s son could not get used to the success for a long time: “Tolkien has become a monster that is devoured by its own popularity”, wrote Christopher Tolkien in the French newspaper “Le Monde” almost 40 years after his father’s death. “Commercialization has reduced the aesthetic and philosophical effects of creation to nothing.”

“One last radio message”: Mysterious obituary notice for Jan Fedder After a serious illness: drummer legend Neil Peart dies After a long illness: Jazz musician Wolfgang Dauner is dead

The British “Tolkien Society” also confirmed his death. Its chairman Shaun Gunner said in a statement on the association’s website: “Millions of people around the world will be forever grateful to Christopher.”

Sources used: dpa news agency

Numerous Hollywood props were auctioned in Los Angeles on Monday, including pieces from “Lord of the Rings” and “Superman”. One deal fetched well over a hundred thousand dollars. 

Almost $ 200,000 for the first “Superman” cape: The red cape worn by superhero actor Christopher Reeve in the 1979 first “Superman” film was sold at auction in Los Angeles on Monday for $ 193,750 (around 173,700 Euro), as announced by the auction house Julien’s Auctions. Reeves wore a total of six capes when filming the comic book. According to Julien’s Auctions, the cape that went under the hammer in Los Angeles was the first.

A whole collection of Hollywood props came under the hammer at the auction, around 400 pieces in total. Several “Star Trek” costumes were also sold. A uniform worn by Patrick Stewart in the role of Captain Jean-Luc Picard sold for $ 28,800. A Romulan costume by Leonard Nimoy as Captain Spock from the series “Star Trek – Deep Space Nine” fetched $ 20,000.

Unopened for 32 years: video game auctioned for record sums False news spread: Bloomberg news agency fines German is free: 33 years in US custody – an installment death penalty

Dan Akroyd’s overall from “Ghostbusters II” sold for $ 32,000 in Los Angeles. The pipe of Bilbo Baggins from “The Lord of the Rings” was actually considered the most valuable item of the auction.